RFC on UX surveys on the session preference UI

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 00:39:34 CET 2014

Ah crap, I just sent it over.

The point in Women Participation initiatives is of course not that
Xfce (or any software) is easier or harder to use for a gender, but to
empower women, by explicitly stating that people from all genders are
welcome, and by setting up specific events or reward programs (i.e.
reserved GSoC projects or bounties?) to encourage women to
participate.

Women are rarer than men in software development but it's also hard to
join a community that is exclusively male (because of cultural
expectations on men and women's competences, communities being
organised according to cultural standards and values more spread among
men, and so on) so explicit communication and encouragement can help
interested people break the glass ceiling and join the community.

--
Steve Dodier-Lazaro
PhD Student in Information Security