xfce4-mixer patchset

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Fri Sep 21 18:57:36 CEST 2012

* Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> [2012-09-21 18:35]:

> Hey,
>
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:49:27 +0200, Mark Trompell
> <mark at foresightlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >> a while ago I've done a bit on xfce4-mixer aiming at fixing some
> >> long-standing bugs, modernizing the code, improving usability and
> >> adding a couple of features. Unfortunately Jannis hasn't been able
> >> to find time reviewing the patchset so I'd appreciate it if someone
> >> could help out with reviewing the code.
> >
> > End of last year Jannis was searching for new maintainers for some of
> > his projects (including the mixer)[1].
> > Maybe you can want to take over the mixer yourself.
>
> that would be cool actually. I have to admit that I haven't even had the
> time or patience to reply to the feedback I got after that "looking for
> maintainers" mail...
>
> Guido, I think you have a developer account now, is that for xfce4-mixer?
> If not, I think we should give you permissions to push to the mixer
> repository. I don't necessarily need to review the patches and there's
> no point in slowing down progress by insisting on it. So I won't do
> that. ;)

I do and the code is already in a branch there since Nick offered
to take a look at it. If you don't mind I could go ahead and merge
this to master?
After merging to master I'd like to immediately make a
development release (4.9.0) in order get some attention and
wider testing, then maybe wait two weeks for any incoming bug
reports and finally branch and release a stable 4.10. version.
Does this sound like a reasonable way forward?
--
Guido Berhoerster