Reply to Threads (was: [Xfce 4.12] Roadmap and Features)

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon May 7 14:30:29 CEST 2012

On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:25:48 +0200
Raphael Groner <raphgro at web.de> wrote:

> Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
> Mon May 7 12:54:34 CEST 2012
> > I wont comment on the content itself (jannis already did show you
> > were deeply wrong), but can you fix your email client to reply
> > properly to existing threads instead of creating a new one each
> > time you mail the list? This is annoying.
>
> Hi Landry,
>
> I am sorry about annoying you. It was not my intention and it is not.
> Nobody is perfect and knows everything. In the hope to not have to
> excuse for my general intention to help in Xfce development.
>
> I work with both, digest and the web archive. Claws-mail is my
> preferred mail client. I guess it's the In-Reply-To header that should
> then be always set, also when replying to content taken from a digest
> mail.

If you want to discuss properly on a mailing list, don't use daily
digests. It is important for discussions to be easily traceable and not
be split up into various threads. Also, I think you've already realized
how much of a pain it is for yourself to reply to individual mails in a
digest yourself.

  - Jannis