Menu Editor

Matt x edelstahl at gmx.us
Fri May 4 02:23:27 CEST 2012

On 05/03/2012 03:19 AM, Maximilien Noal wrote:
> 2012/5/2 Maximilien Noal<noal.maximilien at gmail.com>:
>> On 05/02/2012 07:59 PM, Raphael Groner wrote:
>> You're right I forgot it was written in Python. My bad.
> After more testing alacarte-xfce (from the AUR, don't know about the
> Xubuntu version) as another reason against starting with it, as some
> menu entries were not displayed (like 'orage preferences' in the
> settings menu) so I could not move it nor remove it(*). LXMED had the
> same problem.
>
> My goal was to remove it from the settings menu and make it appear in
> the xfce settings manager (another thing that *both* patched-for-xfce
> versions of alacarte can't do). I had to do it manually. It was easy
> (and fun, I learned stuff!) in fact, albeit slower than using a GUI.

It _is_ fairly easy to do manually.  As for whether XFCE gets a menu
editor, I don't really care.  I've been manually editing my menus ever
since I switched to XFCE, instead of getting a patched-for-xfce alacarte
version.
I _am_ glad any official xfce menu editors probably won't be forks of or
patches to alacarte.  Alacarte liked to copy menu entries to several
categories for no apparent reason before I stopped using it.
-Matt