Gtk3 for Xfce 4.12?

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Thu May 3 07:42:36 CEST 2012

> Just picking Webkit as example, because it
> is a pretty prominent one, but there are more examples to find.

Before someone says (not without evidence) that xfce isn't relying on
webkit. We do for example rely on libwnck, which doesn't in its latest
releases support gtk2 anymore. So we're either forced to fork (xfce
did that for libwnck in the past), to stay with old dependancies or to
move on to gtk3. Forking is given the manpower of the project not what
we should aim for.