[xfce4-settings] xfwm4 keyboard-shortcuts and theme settings merge

Nick Schermer nick at xfce.org
Wed Mar 28 11:09:45 CEST 2012

On 2012-03-28 10:15, Stephan Arts wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just moved xfwm4 theme and keyboard-shortcut settings to
>> xfce4-settings, in the stephan/dialogs branch.
>>
>> Please test it and tell me what you think.
>
> I've made a slight modification to the appearance-dialog. The themes
> are now read from the filesystem in a separate thread. - This reduces
> the time it takes for the dialog to appear, but it has the
> side-effect
> that the treeview is (slowly) filled when the dialog is already
> visible.
>
> Can you please tell me what you think of this?

Mm already replied to you before reading this, but anyway, this is a
bad implementation and not how threads should be used in Gtk.

I'd say use g_idle's and use a normal prio for the first tab and
normal_idle for the other tabs. That way you have no problems with
thread/locking issues and still gives the impression things are loaded
quicker.

Nick