New Xubuntu logo + permission to use on t-shirts (and later, some other merch items too)

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri Mar 23 22:53:29 CET 2012

Hello Xfce developers,
(CC: Elizabeth Krumbach, Xubuntu marketing lead)

some of you might have noticed that Xubuntu migrated to a new logo for
Precise. For those who haven't noticed that yet, the comparison can be
found at my temp-uploads [1], for example. This is not the reason I am
actually sending the email for but...

We are planning to design some Xubuntu t-shirts (and possibly some other
merch items at a later date) to be sold on the internet in a shop like
Spreadshirt or so, or a few. We will not be making any money out of it
(we couldn't, Canonical policy), but we would like to check with you if
it's okay to use our new logo that is very loosely based on the Xfce
logo, on the shirts.

(And generally, we don't think it's a bad idea to show you our new logo
either.)

I'm CC'ing this message to Elizabeth Krumbach, Xubuntu marketing lead,
who is working with me on our t-shirt project.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://temp.knome.fi/xubuntu/precise_logo/comparison_oldnew.png

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project       » http://shimmerproject.org/