Window picker plugin of xfwm4

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Wed Jul 25 12:11:28 CEST 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:02:09 +0800
Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't like compiz (slow) .. besides I had to set out a screen margin for
> conky (which compiz doesn't support either)

Well one point of xfwm4 not being as slow as Compiz might be that it doesn't have all those "features" implemented :)

> My goal is to make window picker available for xfwm4

You could (also) try to achieve this as a standalone app rather than baking it into xfwm4, for starters you could look at the skippy-xd project. In fact it still compiles and works with xfwm4 (tested it on Xubuntu 12.04). (Look here: code.google.com/p/skippy-xd/)

Good luck!
Simon