Archive Manager

James Geboski jgeboski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:49:13 CET 2012

Stephan,

That's excellent news.  I was kind of thinking why the archive managers had
not taken this approach already.  But nonetheless, it's nice to see Squeeze
taking this route.

For now, I'll just standby out of the way, and let the code mature a bit.
 I don't know if there are any plans to implement mouse buttons 4 and 5, or
even shortcut/hotkey setup but, that's something that would be really
useful.  I currently use mouse buttons 4 and 5 to navigate in Thunar, and
it has always worked really well.  And then to have to press buttons on a
toolbar in the archive manager to navigate, kind of throws a wrench in the
navigation experience.  Additionally, some drag n' drop support would be
handy as well but, not as essential as implementing the mouse buttons.
 Again, I don't know if there are plans for these these features or not.

I can submit feature requests into the bugzilla system if this will help
organize things and what not, just let me know.

Thanks,
James