Mousepad - Update master branch with new code

Joe Brown brownj3199 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 02:34:29 CET 2012

On 02/19/2012 06:54 AM, Mark Trompell wrote:

> On Sa., 18. Feb. 2012 11:00:44 CET, Matthew Brush
> <mbrush at codebrainz.ca <mailto:mbrush at codebrainz.ca>> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We should merge `matt/gtksourceview` into `master` of Mousepad
> > repository,
> > I think at least a handful of people have been testing it with good
> > results so it's probably pretty safe to merge it. It would be best if
> > someone could review the Autotools changes since I'm not very familiar
> > with the Xfce-specific parts of this. I guess it would get even
> > more/better testing if the re-write was in the `master` branch.

I don't know if I just don't know how to use git, or if
there's a problem.  But after running ./autogen.sh
and ./configure, make breaks because it can't find
mousepad-marshal.c which is needed to build
mousepad-marshal.o .  Kinda new to this whole thing,
but it looks like a problem to me.  Maybe you should
check your makefiles?

> > IIRC, the TODO list includes:
> >      - Better encoding support
> >      - Port to use GIO opening/saving
> >      - anything else?
> >
> > Any thoughts/opinions/reviews/objections/comments?
>
> I'm using it for a while now and it looks pretty solid.
> Compared to current master it is a great improvement that printing
> works again. Not to talk about the other goodies.
> I would have already pushed a package for gtesting into our
> repository, if your branch would have translations. Moving it to
> master would provide that quickly.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Matthew Brush
>
> Mark