xfwm4 crashing at first session

Danial Parsi hidensoft at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:32:29 CEST 2012

Hi Andreas.

what if you run xfce with normal user ?
you need create user first with useradd and -d option and then simply you
need to edit your .xinitrc file locate in ~/.xinitirc

exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch

just need to add above code and make sure all of other exec or commented.
and reboot.
this would work on archlinux but should work on other distributions. (i'm
not sure)

if xfce windows still have no window decoration then run this command as
root

xfwm4 &

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Andreas Müller <
schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an embedded system with xfce 4.8 (had tests with 4.10 with
> similar results). This starts into console as root and I do
> startxfce4. At the first session windows have no border and after
> starting xfwm4 in xfce console everything is fine. A while ago I
> checked: somehow xfwm4 is crashing.
>
> Now I found a bit time to dig into it a bit: Seems that the carash is
> related to empty /home/root when starting first session. If I manually
> copy /etc/xdg/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml
> /home/root/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml
> (coming along with libxfce4ui) xfwm4 does not crash at first
> xfce4-session.
>
> Without really understanding what's going on I changed in
> libxfce4kbd-private/xfce-shortcuts-provider.c
>
> * all xfconf_channel_new ("xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts") ->
> xfconf_channel_get ("xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts")
> * all xfconf_channel_get ("xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts") ->
> xfconf_channel_new ("xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts")
>
> but no change.
>
> Any suggestions where to dig further to find a proper fix?
>
> Andreas

موفق و پیروز باشید
phpfy.ir <http://www.phpfy.ir>
blog.phpfly.ir