Removal of the location button

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Nov 7 13:10:23 CET 2011

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 06:48:40 -0500
Matt x <edelstahl at gmx.us> wrote:

> >    * Bookmarked folders (even remote ones) will also show up in the
> > "Go" menu in future versions, so together with the side pane we
> > have two different ways to browse them even.
>
> I won't mind having it removed once the bookmarked folders show up in
> the "Go" menu (which is actually where I looked for this button's
> function first, coming from Nautilus).  How will the Go menu would be
> arranged?  But until that happens, I find the location button useful.

Not sure how it will be arranged yet. Probably something like this:

  Parent
  Back
  ---
  Desktop
  Trash
  ---
  Bookmarks in the order they show up in the shortcuts side pane

We've been thinking about removing the XDG user dirs entirely and
instead allow people to define all of their desired items on their own.
IMHO, XDG user dirs don't provide a good user experience.

  - Jannis