Removal of the location button

Matt x edelstahl at gmx.us
Mon Nov 7 12:48:40 CET 2011

On 11/06/2011 06:39 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm considering to drop the button right next to the location entry in
> Thunar. Here's a screenshot with this button highlighted in red:
>
>    http://mocha.xfce.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/thunar-location-button-20111107.png
>
> This button is supposed to show all volumes and bookmarks (so, whatever
> is visible in the shortcuts side pane as well). Does anyone care deeply
> about it or can I remove it without hurting the efficiency of anyone's
> workflow?
>
> Reasons for the removal:
>
>    * It's not that useful. All the items also show up in the side pane.

I don't care much for the side pane, and I use the location button.

>    * I can't remember having clicked it a single time.
>
>    * Bookmarked folders (even remote ones) will also show up in the "Go"
>      menu in future versions, so together with the side pane we have two
>      different ways to browse them even.

I won't mind having it removed once the bookmarked folders show up in
the "Go" menu (which is actually where I looked for this button's
function first, coming from Nautilus).  How will the Go menu would be
arranged?  But until that happens, I find the location button useful.