#xfce-dev IRC channel

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Thu Feb 10 17:02:20 CET 2011

On 10/02/11 00:24, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 00:21:23 +0100
> Yves-Alexis Perez<corsac at debian.org>  wrote:
>
>> On mer., 2011-02-09 at 23:10 +0100, Jérôme Guelfucci wrote:
>>> I would like to start a discussion about invite-only in the IRC
>>> #xfce-dev channel and admin permissions.
>>>
>> Afaict it's not invite-only but only voiced people can talk. Did I
>> miss something?
>
> No, you're right. So that voice thing is what we'd like to see go away.
>
>    - Jannis

Hello,

I was of course talking about voice-only, sorry for the confusion. I
just got all rights on the channel thanks to the Freenode staff and gave
op permissions to Jannis and Nick to ease the maintenance of the channel.

I propose to test voice only removal for a few days, if the channel
turns into chaos, I can set it back. At the same time, I could give op
rights to the regulars so that they can enforce peace if needed.

Anyone against that?

Cheers,

Jérôme