Xfce 4.6.2 stable release on Friday 21 Mai 18:00 UTC

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:44:05 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Lionel Le Folgoc <mrpouit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 08:35:38PM +0100, Sam Swift wrote:
>> Fantastic to hear.
>> Might I suggest that somebody make a PPA available before announcing the
>> release.
>>
>> The reason I feel this might be useful is that, a lot of non technical Linux
>> users are on Ubuntu.
>> It would seem sensible then that with the press that accompanies a new
>> release it be as accessible to new users as possible.
>>

> Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see a good reason to
> delay the announcement for an unofficial PPA (at least this is a
> downstream-specific issue that upstream should be bothered with).

Don't see a reason to wait for xubuntu too. Anyhow, Friday i'll start
to make the individual releases of all the core components (fixed all
the dist problems in the last 2 days + updates to make life easier
with git and transifex). Saturday I'll make the collection release for
Xfce 4.6.2, people have some time to test the packages a bit in
between.

Next week I'll backport the changes I've made in the various xfce-4.6
branches to master if needed. Won't be that much.

Nick