Xfce 4.6.2 stable release on Friday 21 Mai 18:00 UTC

Lionel Le Folgoc mrpouit at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:29:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 08:35:38PM +0100, Sam Swift wrote:
> Fantastic to hear.
> Might I suggest that somebody make a PPA available before announcing the
> release.
>
> The reason I feel this might be useful is that, a lot of non technical Linux
> users are on Ubuntu.
> It would seem sensible then that with the press that accompanies a new
> release it be as accessible to new users as possible.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see a good reason to
delay the announcement for an unofficial PPA (at least this is a
downstream-specific issue that upstream should be bothered with).

Anyway, afaik this new release will be packaged in maverick (and in
Debian unstable first :p), and probably pushed to lucid as well.

> Unfortunately, I would not know how to go about this.

You can ask for that on an ubuntu mailing list, e.g. on
<xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>. The packager is already aware of the
incoming release though. ;)

Lionel Le Folgoc
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33  F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A