a bit of a break

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:03:10 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:

> As much as I would love to be selfish and try to "put a hold" on my
> Xfce-related stuff, that's not particularly fair.  I'd suggest you guys
> look for people to work on xfdesktop and xfce4-session, perhaps even to
> act as new maintainers.  Xfconf should hopefully not require too much
> work; regardless, I do have some long-term plans for it, so I'd
> appreciate at least a quick note if people intend to check in any
> nontrivial changes.  (Of course, by the time I get back to Xfconf, it's
> possible dconf/GSettings will have taken over the world ^_~.)

I think we already started this a bit by finishing the 4.8 tasks in
xfce4-session and xfdesktop. I can take care of the bug-fixing-only in
xfconf (already did that, added myself to the cc-list of the bugs). We
could consider moving the menu plugin to the panel, that saves a bit
of maintenance in xfdesktop.

> I do have a few local branches for xfdesktop and xfce4-session that
> represent my thoughts on some future direction.  I'd be happy to push
> them to git.xfce.org if people think they might be useful as starting
> points for someone else to pick up.

Yes please. Always better to have this out in the public.

Good luck with your work at Kakai. They are being very mysterious
about the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure it will be awesome else you
wouldn't spend so much time on it ;-).

Cheers,
Nick