Dropping python bindings in exo?

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:42:43 CET 2009

For quite some time there are python bindings in exo, but to be
honest, since Benny is not maintaining the package I have no idea if
they actually work... let's say it builds...
I'm not really comfortable with such code in a package I maintain,
same for Jannis IIRC who also partly maintains exo.

If nobody steps up to maintain the python code (tests, port to new
pyobject api, etc), I'm going to drop the python code or move it into
the pyxfce package if Danny wants it. I don't know of any package
using the exo python bindings and the Xfce core certainly doesn't use
it, so personally I feel no need to put any time in it.

So, unless anyone had a good reason to keep the python code and nobody
raises it's voice to maintain this code; python will disappear from
exo.

Nick