Website in transifex

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Nov 7 20:03:58 CET 2009

Nick Schermer wrote:
> 2009/11/6 Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at xfce.org>:
>> 2009/11/5 Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>:
>>> Duno if i understand it correctly, but if Jerome is redesigning the
>>> website, it could be worth looking if we can handle translations in
>>> transifex. That should be fairly easy with xml and our current git
>>> setup.
>> How do you see this should be working?
>
> I did not look into a real solution until I know that the plans are
> for the website.

I recently did this for the moblin userguide project, which is written
in xml. using xml2po, you generate pot/po files, and they can after
being translated merged back without issue.

for an example, look at the moblin-user-guide project on git.moblin.org.

of course, it does mean that the php documents might need to be
reformatted, since xfce's website is setup a bit differently. but that
might not be a big issue. the tools are all there.

Auke