git conversion status update
Brian J. Tarricone
brian at tarricone.org
Tue May 26 20:55:59 CEST 2009
Here's a quick update...
1. All svn repos are now converting without errors. I consider it
*almost* perfect now. The problem is that I had to fix some tags in SVN
where binary files had the svn:eol-style property set, which was
breaking things. Those tags, when converted to git, will have my name
on them. But it's too much of a pain to fix, so I won't.
2. I have a fine-grained commit permissions script "done." I'm not
sure if it really works beyond some minimal testing. I'm pretty sure I
missed some corner cases, so I need to play around with this some more.
3. I updated the xdt-i18n script to work with git. It's not tested at
all, but should probably work. I think.
4. Jannis still needs to send me his new git commit mail script.
5. With the git move, https commits won't work anymore (there's no way
to run pre-/post-commit hooks with git over https). So everyone will
have a ssh account on mocha, and current https-only users will get a
restricted shell account (using git-shell) that only lets them run a
couple git commands as well as 'passwd'. I wrote a script to convert
all the existing accounts and email temp passwords to everyone.
6. For users that wish to use a ssh pubkey to log in, I'll have to
figure out something automated, cuz I don't want to deal with manual
7. Commit messages from svn will have "(Old svn revision: #####)"
appended to them.
8. Since everyone will get a homedir on mocha (even tho most people
won't be able to do anything with it), we can easily support "userdir"
There's still probably a lot more to do...
More information about the Xfce4-dev