serious problem with your way of dealing with my personal right on informational self-determination

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Jun 7 03:07:02 CEST 2009

On 06/06/2009 03:20 PM, Christian Dywan wrote:

> Incidentally I notice that Bugzilla doesn't provide any usage agreement
> or a similar note before registering. It might be a good idea to check
> that, since the note about sharing information is a little curt.

Sure it does.  See http://bugzilla.xfce.org/createaccount.cgi:

PRIVACY NOTICE: Bugzilla is an open bug tracking system. Activity on
most bugs, including email addresses, will be visible to the public. We
recommend using a secondary account or free web email service (such as
Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or similar) to avoid receiving spam at your
primary email address.

Hell, and we even go a *little* bit further to try to protect privacy,
having applied a 3rd-party patch that hides email addresses when viewing
the site without being logged in.  Sure, it's trivial to sign up for an
account, but at least that foils automated scrapers.

	-brian