panel and xfconf

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:07:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

The rc like functions are exposed to panel plugins, and there is good
reason to not drop these functions because many plugins use them and
will continue to use them probably. The internal configuration of the
panel uses Xfconf already, if panel plugin writters wish to use Xfconf
to store settings they can, and for that they will have to include and
depend on libxfconf. The new panel 4.8 offers two functions for plugin
writers to ease the access on a default xfconf channel:
xfce_panel_plugin_xfconf_channel_new() and
xfce_panel_plugin_get_property_base().

Regards
Mike