[ANN] Xfce 4.6 RC 1 (Capybara) Released!

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Mon Jan 26 20:14:22 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

Shortly after BETA-3, I am pleased to announce the Release Candidate
for Xfce 4.6.
If no serious bugs are found, this is going to be the final release.
(plus the updates to the translations)

RC-1 is the first 4.6 release that comes with installers. One for the
main-packages and one for the goodies.

This release comes with several fixes for crashes found in BETA-3.
Unfortunately, there are a few occasions where we had to break the
string-freeze (sorry to the translators). There where a few bugs with
missing strings required for error-reporting.

The goodies-installer comes with the following goodies:
- Verve Plugin (0.3.6)
- Disk Performance Plugin (2.2.0)
- Keyboard Layout Switcher (0.5.2)
- Timer Plugin (0.6.1)
- Date and Time Plugin with Calendar (0.6.1)
- Places Plugin (1.1.0)
- Mount devices (0.5.5)
- Mail Watch Plugin (1.1.0)
- Notes Plugin (1.6.3)
- Free Space Checker Plugin (0.4.2)
- MusicPD Client Plugin (0.3.3)
- Wavelan Plugin (0.5.4)
- V4l Radio Plugin (0.3.1)
- Screenshooter (1.5.0)
- Xfburn (0.4.0)
- Taskmanager (0.4.1)
- Dictionary (0.5.2)
- Notification Daemon (0.1.0)
- Ristretto (0.0.21)

You can download the source-code of the main modules, a fat-tarball
and the installers from here[0]. And you can see a list of changes on
this location[1].

Regards,
Xfce development team

[0] http://www.xfce.org/archive/xfce-4.5.99.1/