Xfce4 C++ bindings

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Mon Feb 16 12:27:55 CET 2009

Jens Luedicke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> about three days ago I started to write a set of C++ wrapper
> libraries for Xfce4. libxfce4util-mm provides a wrapper library
> for libxfce4util and libxfce4gui-mm provides a wrapper library
> for libxfcegui4 (yeah, there is a naming inconsistency).
>
> The functions and classes try to mimic the C API as close
> as possible; but try to use C++ and Glibmm/Gtkmm specific
> datatypes in favor of the C ones.

Ok, that is very interesting. But I have hoped that C++ wrapping would
end up in XFC++ and not in Gtkmm.

The problem is that not much happens there and I have not got the time
needed. But if more people have focus on this project (like this things
you are doing now) we may end up have just a little momentum :-)

But, I am looking forward to see what you come up with anyway, nice project.

/BL