Xfce4 C++ bindings

Jens Luedicke perldude at xfce.org
Mon Feb 16 12:06:03 CET 2009

Hello,

about three days ago I started to write a set of C++ wrapper
libraries for Xfce4. libxfce4util-mm provides a wrapper library
for libxfce4util and libxfce4gui-mm provides a wrapper library
for libxfcegui4 (yeah, there is a naming inconsistency).

The functions and classes try to mimic the C API as close
as possible; but try to use C++ and Glibmm/Gtkmm specific
datatypes in favor of the C ones.

libxfce4util is basically completely wrapped (namespace Xfce4::Util)
XfceDesktopEntry is not wrapped (Brian wants to deprecate it.)

libxfcegui4 is partially wrapped (namespace Xfce::Gui)
Most of the dialog, gdk/gtk and exec helper functions are available.

I will try to finish the remaining non-deprecated parts of libxfcegui4
within the next few days.

You can find the code at

http://git.xfce.org/perldude/xfce4-mm/

There is a little demo-window program within the tests/
directory.

Other things:

Maybe some autoguru should have a look at my setup. I did
copy most of the autotool files from our projects and adjusted
them. But xfce4-mm is my first autotooled project.

There are no translateable strings yet.

The source will be documented with Doxygen.

Comments are more than welcome!

Jens

--
Jens Luedicke