moving the panel-plugins to the panel. [Was: HelloAgain()]

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:47:41 CEST 2008

2008/9/3 Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org>:
> What do you guys think, is it a good idea, and can we fix this in xfce 4.6?

Why should the panel provide plugins for other applications if they
want to extend the panel? Because that's basically what you purpose. I
could live with a menu plugin in the panel (but not before 4.8), but
the trash plugin... nah.

The simplification in the dep-chain is minor if you ask me, ie. not
even worth looking at. The panel is a core component, just like the
filemanager, so it's not weird you have to compile it early in the
dep-chain.

So we can put this as a reminder in the 4.8 roadmap, but only for
moving the menu plugin to the panel (and make it more powerful for a
panel plugin with search, favs, last used etc...).

Nick