keybindings

Ori Bernstein ori at eigenstate.org
Mon Sep 1 05:16:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 03:53:20 +0200
Walter Alejandro Iglesias <roquesor at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Erik Harrison" <erikharrison at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Downloads would skyrocket if we offered fluorescent dildos.
>
> xfwm4 complains at start: "The display don't support Xcomposite
> extension".  I don't want composite, why do you think all users want
> composite?  Do you think it is necessary?

Necessary? No. But it doesn't hurt to have at all.

> > Xfce is as old as Gnome, and almost as old as KDE.
>
> I meant young in maturity.  The date the first line of code was write is
> irrelevant.  There are a lot of things to improve before wasting time in
> 3D animations.  For example, icon desktop support, in case you insist in
> including this unnecessary feature.

Composite doesn't always mean 3d animations. It means an end to redraw
flicker when moving windows, and it means that apps aren't faking
transparency in ways that are resource-intensive. instead, real
transparency is available The fact that the same mechanism can be used
to do 3d effects is incidental.

> But I don't use to talk about a punctual problem.  Don't interpret what
> I've said like a punctual critic to xfce desktop.

Well, punctual problems are better than tardy ones, I suppose...

--
    Ori Bernstein