fosdem 2009

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Nov 6 16:49:41 CET 2008

Am Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:36:37 +0100
schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:46:22AM +0100, Mark Trompell wrote:
> > Hi,
> > There is a call for participation[1] on the Fosdem[2] pages.
> > It's possible to request Devrooms and stands [3] or lightning talks
> > [4] The deadlines are 11/22 for devrooms/stands and 12/29 for
> > lightning talks. Fosdem will take place on the 7th and 8th of
> > February in Brussels (Belgium).
> >
> > Would be nice if you can give it a thought at least.
>
> I am no Xfce dev, but would still find it really great to have an Xfce
> team at FOSDEM. I'll be there, and would be delighted to meet people
> there and have some beer, at least. If “we” can have a room and make
> some talks about 4.6 it'd be really great too.
>
> I know this is time consuming, and it's better to focus on releasing
> 4.6, but deadline are really soon :(

We're kind of busy preparing 4.6, yes. But it we should have enough
time for preparing a schedule given that there are two
independent deadlines for developer rooms: One for applying
(2008-11-22) and one for the schedule (3 weeks before FOSDEM).

Personally, I'd love to go. With 4.6 being released before FOSDEM we
should have enough things to demonstrate. We could also take the chance
to discuss 4.8 if enough of us make it to the event.

  - Jannis