fosdem 2009

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 6 20:06:05 CET 2008

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Am Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:36:37 +0100
> schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:46:22AM +0100, Mark Trompell wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> There is a call for participation[1] on the Fosdem[2] pages.
>>> It's possible to request Devrooms and stands [3] or lightning talks
>>> [4] The deadlines are 11/22 for devrooms/stands and 12/29 for
>>> lightning talks. Fosdem will take place on the 7th and 8th of
>>> February in Brussels (Belgium).
>>>
>>> Would be nice if you can give it a thought at least.
>> I am no Xfce dev, but would still find it really great to have an Xfce
>> team at FOSDEM. I'll be there, and would be delighted to meet people
>> there and have some beer, at least. If “we” can have a room and make
>> some talks about 4.6 it'd be really great too.
>>
>> I know this is time consuming, and it's better to focus on releasing
>> 4.6, but deadline are really soon :(
>
> We're kind of busy preparing 4.6, yes. But it we should have enough
> time for preparing a schedule given that there are two
> independent deadlines for developer rooms: One for applying
> (2008-11-22) and one for the schedule (3 weeks before FOSDEM).
>
> Personally, I'd love to go. With 4.6 being released before FOSDEM we
> should have enough things to demonstrate. We could also take the chance
> to discuss 4.8 if enough of us make it to the event.

Yeah, I'd strongly consider going if we could get a group of people
together.  I'd be ok giving an informal talk in our dev room (assuming
we get one), but I don't know that I'd want to do anything larger.  But
this all depends on my schedule in February (which I won't know for a
while), as well as cost...

	-b