Xfce documentation

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:14:55 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm currently the primary contributor to Xubuntu documentation, and would
like to contribute to Xfce documentation once the Xubuntu 8.04 documentation
is complete.  (String freeze for Xubuntu documentation is set for March
20th.)  I am not a complete expert, but am mostly familiar with both
docbook-xml and SVN tools, and have been using Xubuntu (and occasionally
trying out other Xfce-based distros) for about a year and a half.  I think I
have a decent understanding of Xfce's underpinnings and how it is
configured, but part of my reason for wanting to contribute to Xfce docs is
to further this understanding.

As I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong), Xfce's documentation isn't
stored in a single doc repository - it's spread out among different SVN
repos for each application (and the documentation might not be very
consistent?).  Given that, I don't see myself giving all of Xfce's
documentation a complete overhaul, but would be interested in contributing
documentation to a couple of Xfce projects that need the help.  Are there
any Xfce apps or utilities that are in particular need of documentation
updates right now, or any particular areas where you think my efforts would
be most helpful?

Please let me know, and I'll start working.  :)  Thanks,

Jim

jwcampbell at gmail.com

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/j1mc