New mixer

Fred Morcos fred.morcos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:02:33 CET 2008

In Gnome it's done by increasing/decreasing the icon's "sound waves"
(coming out of the speaker) using the mouse scroll. I guess in Xfce it
can just show a live changing tooltip with the value instead of
getting into image loading overhead for each level of sound volume.

On Jan 9, 2008 1:52 AM, Rodrigo Coacci <rcoacci at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008 9:30 PM, Fred Morcos <fred.morcos at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 9, 2008 1:12 AM, Alexandre Moreira <alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On a side note: If you're thinking on a panel plugin to go along with
> > > it, how is it going to look ?
> >
> > Well, I would like to see it - comparing to the old mixer applet - get
> > rid of the vertical progress bar and use the theme's speaker icon, a
> > la gnome's volume applet style.
> >

> I like the vertical progress bar, not because of it, but because it allows
> to up/down the volume with mouse scroll. If there's some way to keep this
> behavior but get rid of the progress bar then it would be fine by me.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>

>       Rodrigo
>
> A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
> windows.
>                    ~Linus Torvalds

Fred Morcos
http://fredmorcos.blogspot.com