New mixer

Rodrigo Coacci rcoacci at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:21:59 CET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 10:02 PM, Fred Morcos <fred.morcos at gmail.com> wrote:

> In Gnome it's done by increasing/decreasing the icon's "sound waves"
> (coming out of the speaker) using the mouse scroll. I guess in Xfce it
> can just show a live changing tooltip with the value instead of
> getting into image loading overhead for each level of sound volume.
>
> On Jan 9, 2008 1:52 AM, Rodrigo Coacci <rcoacci at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Jan 8, 2008 9:30 PM, Fred Morcos <fred.morcos at gmail.com> wrote:

> with
> > >
> > > Well, I would like to see it - comparing to the old mixer applet - get
> > > rid of the vertical progress bar and use the theme's speaker icon, a
> > > la gnome's volume applet style.
> > >

> > I like the vertical progress bar, not because of it, but because it
> allows
> > to up/down the volume with mouse scroll. If there's some way to keep
> this
> > behavior but get rid of the progress bar then it would be fine by me.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> >

> >       Rodrigo
> >
> > A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
> > windows.
> >                    ~Linus Torvalds

Hum.... Nice, I didn't know that in gnome. I don't use gnome for a long time
anyway..... :-P
For me that behavior is fine, I don't even find too much important to have
visual feedback, since I suppose the audio feedback will be there. I just
want to put my mouse over the icon and scroll to get volume up and down.