xfce svn repo cleanup

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:24:28 CET 2008

2008/2/27, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> No, I think it's a bit premature to be talking about that, and switching
>  to git is a much larger undertaking than just shuffling modules around.
>   Even if the git-svn repos seem to work pretty well, I wouldn't feel
>  comfortable without more testing.  Not to mention we'd need an entirely
>  new infrastructure on the server (which I'm working on) for auth, setup,
>  and fine-grained permissions.  Also think of the impact on the i18n team...

I think the i18n team will, after they've leaned git of course, have
the benefit the most. Pulling remote translations, trees for
translators etc. (I'm not entirly into git yet, mostly because we're
not using it for xfce, so hopefully i'm not talking crap here ;).

>  There's also the question as to whether the rest of the devs even *want*
>  to switch.  I'd be happy with it, but I won't try to speak for Olivier,
>  Jasper, Benny, Nick, etc...

I wouldn't mind, but I can live with svn for a while... But if people
volunteer to help with the switch, I wouldn't wait, since spare time
if valuable here ^_^.

Nick