xfce svn repo cleanup

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 27 19:20:04 CET 2008

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Am Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:34:26 -0800
> schrieb "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
 >>
>>  Also think of the impact on the i18n team...
>
> Oh, I totally forgot our translators. The number of people who need to
> learn how to work with Git is larger than I first thought.

Yeah, the translators are a big part of my hesitance to use git at all,
to be honest.  Let's face it; git is not particularly easy to use.  I
still get a little confused when merging changes in my local repo with
upstream while avoiding those ugly "branch foo merged with bar" commits.

I suppose all this can be abstracted away with scripts, but someone has
to do it, and I wouldn't consider switching Xfce svn to git until that's
completely done, and everyone agrees that it's the right way to go.

	-brian