xfce svn repo cleanup

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Feb 27 18:23:47 CET 2008

Am Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:02:52 -0800
schrieb "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to clean up the main Xfce SVN repository so it only contains
> current modules that we consider in the core distribution.  To that
> end, I also want to create another repository, 'xfce-archive', or
> possibly 'xfce-obsolete'.  So, something like this would happen:

> I can also create per-user repositories (like my 'kelnos' repository)
> if Danny/JF/Giuseppe/Stephan want to put their projects in there
> instead of goodies.
>
> Thoughts?  Objections?  If no one has issues with this, I'll probably
> start the move this coming weekend.

I agree that moving applications like squeeze, xfmedia etc. to the
goodies repository (and website) makes sense. They wouldn't be the
first applications we have in there (take xfce4-taskmanager for
instance). No thoughs on the obsolete code since I'm not involved in
those parts of Xfce.

If we cleanup the SVN repositories, how about switching to Git (you
knew this would come up, didn't you)? I'd offer my help on everything
(support for other devs, admin work, set up commit mail script which
we could copy from Lunar Linux). Semester holidays have started
today, so I have nothing better to do anyway.

  - Jannis