XFCE 4.6 ALPHA - Pinkie is coming

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 21 11:12:36 CEST 2008

Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Stephan Arts wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Lets release Pinkie :-)
>
> libxfce4gui:
>
> glade is optional when reading the configure arguments - but when
> --disable-gladeui is set, and/or glade is not installed, configure will
> fail.

Hmm...  libglade is required, yes, but libgladeui (that is, the glade
GUI editor itself) should not be required.  I'll look into this.

> the po/ files are not compileable without changing the Makefile:
>
> Making all in po
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/work/a/ports/x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui/work/libxfcegui4-4.5.80/po'
> file=`echo am | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
> 	  && rm -f $file &&  -o $file am.po
> -o: not found
> gmake[2]: *** [am.gmo] Error 127
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/work/a/ports/x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui/work/libxfcegui4-4.5.80/po'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/work/a/ports/x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui/work/libxfcegui4-4.5.80'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> *** Error code 2

No, you just need to install msgfmt and rerun configure (I believe the
gettext package has this).  Yeah, configure should fail if it doesn't
find it, but no one's gotten around to adding it to the XDY_I18N macro
in xfce4-dev-tools.

	-brian