Xarchiver svn version calls for kind help
colossus73 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:23:06 CEST 2008
all the features planned for the 0.5 version have been completed.
However the introduction of those feature has introduced also a
L O T of bugs. I need your help, my GTK knowledge and my coding
abilities are not enough to fix those bugs.
Currently there are issues with:
1) tar compressed archives and cut/copy/paste/rename abilities
2) the GUI behaviour (the red/green light indicator) because of the above
3) crashes when using tar under *BSD
4) fixing the sensitiveness of the arrow buttons when navigating the archive
5) fix the "long ago open" bug #3235 (argument list too long, I
thought about the solution, splitting the command in several issues of
the same command but it's hard to implement at least for me):
6) issues when adding files without recursion of the directories (it
works with some archives but not with others)
Also, I will not be able to code during the first three weeks of
september and this will shift
again the release of the long-awaited (it's two years) 0.5 release.
I'm available to give code explanations to anyone who is kindly
available to help me.
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org
More information about the Xfce4-dev