Xfce news. Sorta.

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 02:00:27 CEST 2008

Brian has pointed out that I basically don't do anything around here.
Let's fix that, 'kay?

I don't have time to maintain either software or even a semi-weekly
newsletter. More to the point, I can't hang out on IRC, and it seems a
lot of development has moved off list - I see occasional messages from
people talking about the status of 4.6 in mysterious terms. What I'd
like to do is put together a one time "Status of Xfce" thing and see
if we can't jump start some interest. Will it become a regular
feature? Who knows. But it'll be nice regardless.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU: If you maintain or actively contribute to an
Xfce project, send me a message! I want to know what your project is,
where it's at, where it's going! I want to know who you are! Did you
contribute prior to the release of 4.4? Don't worry about making it
clear to the outside world, a couple of sentences would be great.

I also would like to hear the status of various translations, people
writing docs, all of it. If you're not sure if I'm interested in what
your doing, err on the side of sending me a note.

I would especially like to hear updates on the things that were
exciting about 4.4 - are any of the bindings being actively
maintained? Where is Thunar going? What plugin projects for Thunar and
the panel are people outside the core devs cooking up?

Flood my inbox!

--
Erik
"It's true, Alice Cooper is a hippie, but he's the bad kind of hippie.