ktsuss 1.2 released

Tim Tassonis timtas at cubic.ch
Mon Sep 10 16:21:55 CEST 2007

David B. Cortarello wrote:
> I spoke here once about ktsuss (a graphical version of su) as an
> alternative to gksu.
> Today I just released version 1.2. If anyone wants to download it,
> this is the place to do it:
> http://developer.berlios.de/projects/ktsuss
>
> Suggestions, bug reports, etc are welcome.

Thanks a lot for the software, I just downloaded it and ran it. But I'm
not quite sure what it does...

When I run

ktsuss id

and provide the credentials "timtas/password", the output is:

uid=0(root) gid=1000(timtas) groups=4(adm),..,119(fuse),1000(timtas)

, e.g. the groups of user timtas.

The uid is however root, which surprises me, as I specified "timtas" as
userid.

So, I'd like to know what happens here. Unfortunately, there is no
documentation whatsoever (apart from the source code...).

But