new xfce svn snapshots setup

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:36:22 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've set up svn snapshots running on xfce.org.  It's not completely
> tested and done yet, but it sorta mostly works.  The snapshots will end
> up here:
> http://mocha.xfce.org/downloads/svn-snapshots/
>
> (They'll get mirrored to the main www.xfce.org rotation, but that takes
> a few hours.  Auke, if you think it's not a good idea to mirror these
> files once per day, let me know, and we can modify the rsync script to
> exclude them or something.)
>
> You can view snapshot status here:
> http://mocha.xfce.org/utils/svn-snaps.php

Good stuff Brian. Appreciate you settings this up.

Xfmedia seems to be suffering from a locked checkout, and squeeze
seems to have a legit build error which I also can't replicate. I keep
having different build errors, related to gtk-doc.

Looks like lots of the goodies fail, and mostly for dependency
reasons. It might be hellish to try to get them building.

> All of them will say 'ok' for now even though most of them haven't run
> yet -- as they build they'll say 'in progress', and afterwards should
> either go back to 'ok', or change to 'failed'.  You can tell while it's
> running which ones haven't built yet -- all the ones below the 'in
> progress' row haven't.
>
> I know that some modules will not build properly.  The 'failed' text
> will be a link to the build log in those cases.  Some things are
> fixable by module maintainers -- broken 'make distcheck' due to missing
> files, for example.  Other things will not be fixable due to required
> software missing on the server (e.g., some of the modules require HAL,
> which can't be installed at present).
>
> Anyway, it'll probably take at least another couple hours (or more?) to
> run through all the modules, but for now I'm going to bed.
>
>         -brian

Erik
"Look at me still talking when there is Science to do"