new xfce svn snapshots setup

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 25 10:15:36 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've set up svn snapshots running on xfce.org.  It's not completely
tested and done yet, but it sorta mostly works.  The snapshots will end
up here:
http://mocha.xfce.org/downloads/svn-snapshots/

(They'll get mirrored to the main www.xfce.org rotation, but that takes
a few hours.  Auke, if you think it's not a good idea to mirror these
files once per day, let me know, and we can modify the rsync script to
exclude them or something.)

You can view snapshot status here:
http://mocha.xfce.org/utils/svn-snaps.php

All of them will say 'ok' for now even though most of them haven't run
yet -- as they build they'll say 'in progress', and afterwards should
either go back to 'ok', or change to 'failed'.  You can tell while it's
running which ones haven't built yet -- all the ones below the 'in
progress' row haven't.

I know that some modules will not build properly.  The 'failed' text
will be a link to the build log in those cases.  Some things are
fixable by module maintainers -- broken 'make distcheck' due to missing
files, for example.  Other things will not be fixable due to required
software missing on the server (e.g., some of the modules require HAL,
which can't be installed at present).

Anyway, it'll probably take at least another couple hours (or more?) to
run through all the modules, but for now I'm going to bed.

	-brian