xfce/modules/trunk(-po): all core modules?!

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 28 09:19:14 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:08:02 +0100 Stephan Arts wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2007 9:04 AM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering, what is the policy regarding the
> > xfce/modules/trunk(-po) link in svn?
> >
> > Does it cover all 'core' components, or should it cover all trunk's
> > from every component inside the xfce repositories?
[...]
> > I imagine some of these components are outdated, depricated or
> > abandoned. Others are brand-new or experimental. But in any case, I
> > believe the xfce/modules/trunk(-po) links are a bit outdated, it
> > might be a good idea what to include and what to exclude from it.
>
> s/good idea/good idea to discuss/

I don't think this really needs much discussion: it appears to only be
useful for translators, so it should include whatever is useful for
translators.

It tends to fall out of sync with the actual modules present because
someone has to remember to update it.  Feel free to do so yourself.

On the other hand, if a script didn't want to rely on those, they could
simply do something like this:

for module in `svn ls http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/`; do
    svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/$module/trunk/po $module-po
done

... with something similar done for the branches.  Modules that don't
have po dirs or don't have a trunk anymore will simply fail.  Annoying
maintenance problem solved.

	-brian