Little xfdsektop/libxfce4menu question

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:39:45 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 12:45:26AM +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
Hey Jannis,

> Am Sun, 4 Nov 2007 00:29:44 +0100
> schrieb mmassonnet at gmail.com:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have compiled xfdesktop with the following configure line:
> >
> > 	./configure --disable-desktop-icons	\
> > 	--disable-desktop-menu-dir-monitor	\
> > 	--disable-menu-editor			\
> > 	--disable-panel-plugin			\
> > 	--enable-maintainer-mode		\
> > 	--enable-debug=full
> >
> > First let me explain why I ended with such a mess.  With the
> > monitoring, someone did something weird at some point in a way that
> > the menus stopped to pop up after a while.  I restarted it, several
> > times, and I was always hit by the same issue.
>
> Sorry for this. The monitoring stuff is still buggy but I don't
> really have the time to fix it at the moment.

Ahaha, it works *always* when I type Enter instead of clicking.  Take
your time for your stuff, no problem :)

> > So I disabled the monitoring stuff, and the menu behaves fine.
> > Hardly! I can execute all the items in the root menu — e.g. Quit,
> > Help, About — but all the items in the sub-menus are not executed.
> >
> > Now what I'm looking for is the piece of code that has the signal
> > "activate" for the menu items, so if you could tend me a hand there, I
> > would be glad!
>
> Did you take a look at xfdesktop/modules/menu/desktop-menu.c? I'm not
> sure you'll find what you're looking for in there but it might be worth
> a try.

I searched a lot already, and I went through that one 2-3 times.

Well, for the moment I'm happy that it /works/ without the monitoring,
and will wait on your next commits.  Not sure if I can help more in the
debugging.

>   - Jannis

Cheez!
Mike