vnc client thingo

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Fri Nov 2 18:44:26 CET 2007

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:34:53 -0700, "Brian J. Tarricone"
<bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > - command line options, at least for the server address
>
> Hadn't thought of that.  I'll add to my TODO file.
Cool.

> > - is there any option menu or something like this within the VNC
> > session reachable?
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.
Since until today I didn't know an alternative to vncviewer[1] I was
used to use it. It has a popup menu, accessable with F8, which offers a
few options like(from the manpage)
* switching in and out of full-screen mode
* quitting the viewer
* generating key events, e.g. sending ctrl-alt-del
* accessing the options dialog and various other dialogs

It isn't really necessary but would be nice in some cases, e.g. for
switching to full screen in a running session without starting it again
or especially the possibility to trigger key events.

[1] VNC Viewer Free Edition 4.1.1 for X - http://www.realvnc.com

Regards,
Enrico