vnc client thingo

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 2 18:34:53 CET 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:

> I don't know whether you already want to hear about bugs/missing
> features but if so, here we go:

Sure, why not ^_^

> - command line options, at least for the server address

Hadn't thought of that.  I'll add to my TODO file.

> - is there any option menu or something like this within the VNC
> session reachable?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

> - I connected to a Windows VNC server(UltraVNC, 1024x768) and xfvnc
> seems to have problems to resize correctly, see attached screenshot

Yeah, I'm resizing the window to the VNC display size, which should
work, I think, except there seems to be a pixel or two of border around
the window which screws things up.  Can't seem to figure out where the
border is, though.  It's really annoying when you have a 1024x768 VNC
session, and fullscreen it on a 1024x768 screen, and still have scrollbars.

> - I can resize the main window freely, shouldn't it be fixed to size of
> the screen resolution of the target system?

It should max out at the target system res, but I think it's useful to
be able to make it smaller.  I'll add a max size though.

> I hope you are more often bored in future ;-).

Yeah, like I really need more half-baked, unfinished projects :-(.

	-brian