xfmedia: wakeups per second in idle, play time

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:51:42 CEST 2007

> But I also agree with Brian. Application like media player are always
> CPU active, maybe some more then other, but I think they will always
> be too CPU intensive to _really_ save power.

You didn't just say that did you? What do you have a larger chance of saving
gas on, a monster
V10 powered SUV or a Hybrid? The gross offender is an easier target that the
already
optimized isn't it?

Watching this whole thread has been very similar to sitting in my board
meetings and listening
to the "we're loosing money on every one but the good news is that sales are
up" speeches.

The work you do here effects many more people that what you think. I've got
airplanes flying with 700 Linux
computers on them and 555 of them are playing video. This isn't just about
if one person needs to
use their laptop for the last 10 minutes while their on the airplane.

I also realize the psychology of this. I'm ranting because it effects me,
others are saying it doesn't matter
because it doesn't effect them. If we make it the best we can then others
will use it and help instead
of completely engineering their own from scratch (yes it's happening).

Grant