notification-daemon-xfce update and q's

juha kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Fri May 25 22:52:07 CEST 2007

Landry Breuil kirjoitti:
> 2007/5/25, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com
> <mailto:nickschermer at gmail.com>>:
>
>     > - are there some plans to make other Xfce apps use it ?
>
>     Thunar uses it (but I'm sure Benny cried for a couple of hours when
>     committing the exo code) and I think Orage in trunk too. But I hope
>     other apps are not going to use it. Maybe we come up with a better
>     replacement for the notification daemon some day, we'll see.
>

> I see.. juha, what do you think about it ? Wait and see ?

Orage trunk actually uses plain libnotify library.
I am a bit disappointed for it though. I wanted access to timeout
remaining, but that is not there and I wanted to add buttons which
just do extra stuff and not end the notify window, but those are not
possible either...
But I don't think Nick's library is better on those?

Anyway if this appears to be real living thing, Orage can easily
migrate to use it.

/Juha