notification-daemon-xfce update and q's

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:47:54 CEST 2007

2007/5/25, juha <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi>:
> Orage trunk actually uses plain libnotify library.
> I am a bit disappointed for it though. I wanted access to timeout
> remaining, but that is not there and I wanted to add buttons which
> just do extra stuff and not end the notify window, but those are not
> possible either...

You can add widgets and connects signals to those buttons iirc.

> But I don't think Nick's library is better on those?

notification-daemon-xfce is the daemon and it shows the same
notifications as the gnome version does, except it reads settings
using libxfce4util, netk for positioning the window and mcs
integration. So it only receives dbus info from the libnotify library.

Nick