Gtk+ For 2.6 [was: Re: [Xfce4-commits] r25185 - in libfrap/trunk/libfrap/menu: . tests ]

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:54:06 CET 2007

> So my life would certainly be easier, but don't let just that make the decision.

All of the devs' life would definitely be easier without the need for ifdefs or missing out
on what new GTK offers. Happy devs result in happy users :)
It is nice to care for the small percentile of users which may benefit from the extra effort,
but that effort is better spent IMHO in gratifying the much larger majority if the two goals conflict.
And the time spent on writing and maintaining two codepaths for certain places, and that spent
bug-triaging for corner case reports is too precious for the already underpowered devteam.

As for debian stable (Etch), it does not have Xfce 4.4 final either. If that can be provided as an extra repo, so
will be the case for 4.6.

Jani