Gtk+ For 2.6 [was: Re: [Xfce4-commits] r25185 - in libfrap/trunk/libfrap/menu: . tests ]

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:03:23 CET 2007

On 3/20/07, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:52:52 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> > I totally agree with all the stuff Erik said.  And stuff.  While I
> > personally don't know whether or not I *need* 2.10, I have no problem
> > with depending on it if it will make the other devs' lives easier.
>
> Agreed. I also don't know if I need 2.10, but I also don't want to make
> this decision depend on what Debian does. 2.10 has been out for a
> while, I've been using it for several months now without any problems.

2.10 has lots of user nicities, but from a dev standpoint.

Mousepad can benefit from:
 * Printing support
 * Recent files support
 * Draggable tabs in GtkNotebook
 * Improvements to GtkTextBuffer
 * Upgrading GDK Keysyms

Off the top of my head (and very likely wrong as I'm not familiar with
the internals of other apps):
 * Orage could use the new GtkStatusIcon
 * Terminal could (potentially) use the draggable GtkNotebook
 * The desktop menu might make use of GtkRecentManager as well, and
appease some users.
 * Xfwm might use the improved Keysyms
 * Thunar could use improved Treeview

So my life would certainly be easier, but don't let just that make the decision.

--
Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room